PS/IS 180 Hugo Newman
College Preparatory School
How can I help?
Research shows that children do best when their families are involved in their education. At P.S./I.S. 180, volunteer opportunities are available for specific events and activities.
Here are some ways that families are able to offer invaluable support:
· Reading a story in your child’s Pre-K classroom
· Chaperoning on class field trips
· Traveling with 2nd Grade for weekly swim trips
· Assisting with supplies and art clean-up with Studio in a School
· Volunteering with PTA Scholastic Book Fairs
· Helping to care for the School Gardens
· Participating with scheduled tours during recruitment season
Please check your child’s classroom page on Bloomz for other events and trip sign-up opportunities as they arise throughout the year. You are also encouraged to contact the Parent Coordinator, Mrs. Opa, for more information.
Current Volunteering Opportunities
Check back for volunteering opportunities throughout the school year.