Research shows that children do best when their families are involved in their education. At P.S./I.S. 180, volunteer opportunities are available for specific events and activities.
Here are some ways that families are able to offer invaluable support:
· Reading a story in your child’s Pre-K classroom
· Chaperoning on class field trips
· Traveling with 2nd Grade for weekly swim trips
· Assisting with supplies and art clean-up with Studio in a School
· Volunteering with PTA Scholastic Book Fairs
· Helping to care for the School Gardens
· Participating with scheduled tours during recruitment season
Please check your child’s classroom page on Bloomz for other events and trip sign-up opportunities as they arise throughout the year. You are also encouraged to contact the Parent Coordinator, Mrs. Opa, for more information.
Volunteers are needed to assist with our Scholastic Book Fair, running October 28th through November 1st, 2019 at PS/IS 180. For more information to see how you can help, please email Isabel Ramos at