Our philosophy is to establish positive behavior structures using the school-wide PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports) and other student programs including "Respect for All" that are implemented in the school. We rely on parents working collaboratively with school staff to improve any reported student behavior issues. We refer to and enforce the policies set forth in the New York City Department of Education Citywide Behavioral Expectations & Discipline Code. We expect students to follow the 12 non-negotiable rules and to adhere to the School Compact.
Twelve Non-Negotiable Rules
- Attend school daily and come on time. There is late detention.
- Leave all outer clothing in your classroom closet.
- Move quickly from class to class. Enter the room quietly, take your assigned seat, and begin work immediately.
- Be prepared to work every day. Bring large loose-leaf notebook, assignment notebook, pens, pencils, rulers, protractors, and whatever equipment is required for learning.
- Do homework nightly. There is homework detention and homework help.
- Eat only in the cafeteria. Gum chewing, candy, cookies, chips, soda and all glass bottles are prohibited, even in the cafeteria.
- Do not bring radios, ipods, beepers, or games to school. The use of cell phones is not permitted during school hours.
- Keep your desk area clean.
- Do not engage in physical or verbal violence. Learn to disagree without being disagreeable. Do not fight.
- Respect the building. Do not graffiti or deface any part of the building.
- Show your classroom pass to any adult in authority in the building that requests it.
Wear your school uniform daily. Hats are not to be worn in the building.